Monday, September 25, 2017

Trina Lee

Trina Lee

What genre do you write?
Urban fantasy

Which actress/actor would you like seeing play the lead in your book?
Taylor Momsen would be perfect as my lead character.
What type of books do you read?
All kinds. I like a little of every genre.
Any favourite authors?
Maggie Stiefvater is my absolute favourite. I also love Kim Harrison. There are so many great authors though, it's hard to choose.
Do you think that book covers are important?
Very. They convey the mood and genre of the story.
What is your favourite book?
I don't think I have just one. I'll say Vampire of the Mists by Christie Golden.
What do you use as inspiration?
Life basically. The world around me. Music comes into that a lot as well.
Describe yourself in 3 words?
Truthseeker. Music lover. Cat lady.
At what age were you, or what event happened, when you knew you loved writing and you were good at it?
9 was when I started writing in school and really developed a love for it. It grew from there.
Do you base your characters on real people or are they completely imagined?
Completely imagined. Although I'm sure there are hints of real people that subconsciously make their way in there. It's never intentional though.
What authors have inspired you along the way?
Christie Golden and Anne Rice back when I was a kid. Maggie Stiefvater now. She is just so amazing with words.
What is your favourite quote or line from a book?
Damn that's a tough one. I'll go with this one from Maggie Stiefvater's The Dream Thieves.
'And Ronan was everything that was left: molten eyes and a smile made for war.'
Besides writing what do you enjoy doing?
Singing. Driving. I'm a huge fan of muscle cars. Cuddling with kitties. :)

Do you have any signings coming up?
I don't do many signings. It's far easier for me to connect with readers online. I do signed cover flat giveaways though frequently on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment