Thursday, June 18, 2015

Burden (A Bayou Bear Chronicle)

In 25 years I have read a lot of shifter type stories and I will say this was one of my favorites. This was my first non-wolf novel, and I must say that I am in love now.
For a good shifter novel you need a strong sexy Alpha, a damsel in distress and a pack that either hates or loves the damsel. You get all of that and more with Burden.
Echo was stolen away as a young cub and forced to work as a slave. Hawke inherited the clan from his father and boy does he have a mess to clean up.
It gets brought to Hawke's attention that Echo is being held against her will and being the Alpha he has to fix everything. Isn't that how man always think? That they need to fix something no matter how big or small it is.
From the moment they set eyes on one another they know they are destined to be together. Nothing and no one will stop them from getting what they animal needs. 
I started this on a Tuesday afternoon and it is now 1:30 Thursday morning and I have finished it. I could not put it down. I wanted to see Echo and Hawke happy and I ended up with a roller coaster of emotional.  Book 2 will soon be in my hands and I will find out what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment