Here are the "25 Fun Facts" for THE DESIRE OF A LADY.
1. Gabriel Wellingham, Earl of Trenton, first appeared in THE KISS OF A VISCOUNT.
2. In July 1817, the sovereign coin was reintroduced.
3. Little Gabe, Sarah and Gabriel’s son, is illegitimate, a result of their first evening together in the Spread Eagle, a coaching inn in Stretton.
4. There really is a Spread Eagle Inn in Stretton.
5. Fictional Trenton Manor is located in Bilston, Staffordshire, a town now nearly merged into Wolverhampton.
6. Gas lighting was introduced for stage productions in the West End, including The English Opera House and Theatre Royal in Drury Lane and Theatre Royal in Covent Gardens.
7. Sarah Cumberbatch Wellingham, Countess of Trenton, first appeared in the very first chapter of THE KISS OF A VISCOUNT.
8. A French letter, or condom, was made from sheep intestines and tied on using a ribbon.
9. William Overby first appeared as a caddie (messenger boy) in THE PROMISE OF A GENTLEMAN.
10. Waterloo Bridge opened in London on June 18, 1817.
11. Jane Austen died on July 18, 1817.
12. Vauxhall Gardens was a pleasure garden on the south bank of the River Thames and one of the leading venues for public entertainment.
13. Thomas and Emma Wellingham first appeared in THE PROMISE OF A GENTLEMAN.
14. A pasquel flower is one of the rarest flowers found in Great Britain.
15. The story of how Gabriel and Sarah Wellingham ended up together can be found in MY FAIR GROOM.
16. Hyde Park is one of the largest parks in London.
17. Gunter’s Tea Shop, located at No. 7-8 Berkeley Square, was a fashionable light eatery featuring ices and sorbets.
18. A musicale is a gathering or concert, typically small and informal.
19. Milton Grandby, Earl of Torrington, first appeared in THE KISS OF A VISCOUNT and is mentioned or plays a significant role in every “Aristocracy” book by Linda Rae Sande.
20. Grandby’s wife, Adele Slater Worthington Grandby, is sister to William Slater, Marquess of Devonville, and the aunt of Hannah Slater, whose story can be found in THE SEDUCTION OF AN EARL.
21. Lord Weatherstone’s balls are favored by members of the ton because his gardens provide cover for trysts.
22. A soirée is an evening party or gathering, typically in a private home, featuring conversation or music.
23. Drawn by a single horse, high-perch phaetons were to the Regency what Corvettes are to current car enthusiasts. Yellow and red were the most popular colors for these vehicles.
24. Lily Harkins first appeared in THE STORY OF A BARON when her half-brother, Gabriel Wellingham paid a visit to Fitzsimmons Manor and claimed the lady’s maid as his sister.
25. Park Lane addresses were highly prized by members of the aristocracy. The houses on the west side back up to Hyde Park.