Friday, July 24, 2015

Unlucky 13 Review

BLURB


The Women's Murder Club is stalked by a killer with nothing to lose.

San Francisco Detective Lindsay Boxer is loving her life as a new mother. With an attentive husband, a job she loves, plus best friends who can talk about anything from sex to murder, things couldn't be better.

Then the FBI sends Lindsay a photo of a killer from her past, and her happy world is shattered. The picture captures a beautiful woman at a stoplight. But all Lindsay sees is the psychopath behind those seductive eyes: Mackie Morales, the most deranged and dangerous mind the Women's Murder Club has ever encountered.

In this pulse-racing, emotionally charged novel by James Patterson, the Women's Murder Club must find a killer--before she finds them first.



I have read every book in this series. In the beginning they were really good. But the last few books in this series have been serious let downs. But because I feel so invested in the main characters I continue to read the series. Sadly Patterson has been writing in more then one plot per book lately. This makes reading the book seem jumpy. I wish he would go back to one major plot per book.
Without giving away to much I will say this book had three plots. One was so ridiculous I wanted to scream at Patterson for writing it into the book. Another could have been the the lead plot of the book and it would have been great....to bad Patterson left it as a loose end and did not finish it up. The third one was weak and the end felt rushed.

I am becoming disappointed in this series......but because I am 13 books invested into it I will continue to read them because I feel I have to.



No comments:

Post a Comment