Monday, November 9, 2015

Nancee Cain Spotlight


On her website Nancee is described as a nurse who works in the field of addiction to fund her coffee and reading habits. She spends her nights writing paranormal and contemporary romance. She stats that she dreams of being an extra in a Bollywood film or a tattoo artist, but says her lack of rhythm and artistic ability may put a damper on that. 


Interview


What genre do you write? Contemporary/Paranormal Romances and Contemporary Romances 

Which actress/actor would you like seeing play the lead in your book? My inspiration for Remi was a picture if model Christian Jorgensen. However, I've since seen a picture of Robert Pattinson smoking and although his eyes aren't green... I could see him as Remi, too. My inspiration for Evangeline  is the actress Odette Anable. I have an entire storyboard on pintrest with photos and teasers that inspired my book. Pinterest Storyboard

What type of books do you read? I read romances, usually contemporary or Regency

Any favorite authors?  To many to name!

Do you think that book covers are important? YES Why? I'm a visual person. I look at a cover first, and then read the blurb. Before e-readers, I bought books simply because of the cover. Now, it's harder to see them on tumbnail, so the blurb is more important. If I pick up a book in a bookstore, I look at the cover, read the blurb and then I admit, I read the first page, and the last page of the book. I don't do that with my e-reader!

What is your favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird

What do you use as inspiration? Dreams, music, and odd bits of news

Describe yourself in 3 words? How about 3 initials? O.C.D.

At what age where you, or what event happened, when you knew you loved writing and you were good at it?  I wrote my first story as a kid, an illustrated children's book Amanda Panda (unpublished, but my mom loved it) This progressed to writing stores in Jr.High with the intent of making my friends cry.

Do you base your characters in real people or are they completely imagined? Maybe I shoud plead the 5th....(they are imaginary, but real people influence me, I love to people watch)

What authors have inspired you along the way? Every author I've ever read. My fellow writers in Southern Magic, Romance Writers of America.... the list is endless.

What is your favorite quote or line from a book? "Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

Besides writing what do you enjoy doing? I'm an amateur photographer and genealogist. I love to take photos of abandoned places and spooky cemeteries. And in genealogy, the more scandalous the story of an acestor, the better I like it.
  Follow....



BLURB 


Saving Evangeline


Evangeline is the town pariah. Everyone knows she's crazy and was responisble for the death of her last boyfriend. Even her mother left her and moves cross-country. Lonely and desperate, Evie decides to end her life.

Rogue angel Remiel longs to return to earth, but there's just one problem. He tens to invite trouble and hasn't been allowed back since Woodstock. The Boss sends him to save Evangeline, but there's a catch: he can't reveal his angelic nature, and he must complete the task as Father Remiel Blackson.

Forced together on a cross-country trip, a forbidden romance ignites and love unfolds. A host of heavenly messengers tries to intervene, but Remiel and Evangeline are headed on a collision course to disaster. Will his love save her, or will they both be lost forever?


EXCERPT

"How many Hail Marys will you have to say for that lie?" I ask, digging in to the food with gusto.

"What lie?" He loads his tortilla with the sizzling hot steak and grilled onions.

"I'm now your sister?" I dump the rest of my salsa on the salad and peek at him from under my lashes. Why does his clerical collar only add to his attractiveness?

Remi puts the loaded tortilla down and places a hand over his heart, giving me a fake, pained expression. "That hurts' Evangeline. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ."

When I roll my eyes at his sanctimonious, craptacular answer, he gives me what my Daddy used to call a "shit-eating grin" and a wink. 


Buy Evangeline




No comments:

Post a Comment