Monday, September 18, 2017

Taylor Johns Spotlight

TAYLOR JOHNS


What genre do you write?
Contemporary Erotic Romance
Which actress/actor would you like seeing play the lead in your book?
Kat Dennings
What type of books do you read?
The same kind I write… lol  I love reading about damaged men and the strong women that help put them back together.
Any favourite authors?
Oh lord, yes. Lots of them. There are my Wicked ladies- Brooke Lee, Cordelia Michelsen, Jane Anthony, Lainie Suzanne, Muffy Wilson, Shannon Youngblood, and Virginia Lee Johnson. I also love M.Never, K. Bromberg, J.Kenner, Sylvia Day, Harper Sloan, Maya Banks, Katy Evens, Christina Lauren, Samantha Towle, Jasinda Wilder, and Jody Ellen Malpas I think I’ll sop now before I get carried away. 😉

Do you think that book covers are important?
Yes and no.  A great cover can lure readers to a book, but what matters is what lies beneath the cover.
What is your favourite book?
Oh, there are so many, I just can’t pick one. The Driven series and Decadence After Dark series are my ultimate favorites.

What do you use as inspiration?
Everyday life and conversations I have with people.
Describe yourself in 3 words?
Feisty. Sarcastic. Loving.

At what age were you, or what event happened, when you knew you loved writing and you were good at it?
My dad passed suddenly in 2014 and it made me realize that I should pursue my dreams before it was too late.
Do you base your characters on real people or are they completely imagined?
This is a yes and no question for me. I add a little bit of my husband in all my men and I’ve added a little bit of my best friend in a couple of my secondary characters. I’ve used their mannerisms, their quirks, and faults that I love about them.
What authors have inspired you along the way?
I really can’t say just one author gets all the credit. All the authors I’ve met and interacted with has taught me a little something about the writing world.  The indie community is an amazing place and I’ve been lucky enough to become friends with some of the nicest, most helpful authors that are out there.
What is your favourite quote or line from a book?
Ugh! This is a hard question. All my women are sassy and strong. But if I had to choose, I would pick a line from Lilly from my first book. “If I wanted to be used and thrown away, I would change my name to Bounty.”

Besides writing what do you enjoy doing?
Reading, listening to music, watching TV, scrapbooking, anything crafty, going fishing with the husband, finding new authors to read, help promoting my friends, annoying my bestfriend… I think that is about it.

Do you have any signings coming up?
No, but I am going to Indies in Indy in July as a reader. I’m so excited about. It’s my very first book convention and I can’t wait to fangirl and meet new authors as a reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment