Monday, July 24, 2017

Ardent Rose Spotlight





I am a hopeless romantic and voracious flirt. I write anything from Romantic Erotica to Erotica and just recently paranormal and fantasy. Each title still has romance and naughty sex; those are a staple in my work. 
I am a misplaced Okie living out my old age in Missouri, near where are the musicians and entertainers come to die. 
When I am not writing, I am reading and reviewing books or making the swag. I enjoy beading and crafts.


What genre do you write?
  I write romantic erotica sometimes with paranormal characters or fantasy characters or just sexy hot characters...

Which actress/actor would you like seeing play the lead in your book?
 Jake Gyllenhaal for Ian and Emma Stone for Patricia

What type of books do you read?
 I read all types of romance and paranormal.  I love vampires and shifters, but also just great hot romance.

Any favorite authors?
 Where to begin, Lucas Black, Gabriella Messina, Nikki Belaire, Amber Joi Scott, Jessi McPherson and Alicia Maslo just begin my list.

Do you think that book covers are important?
 I think they draw your attention to the story, but a well-written blurb or excerpt get me to click it.

What is your favorite book?
 I would have to say the Bloodline series by Gabriella Messina and anything Nikki Belaire writes

What do you use as inspiration?
 I draw inspiration from art, music, and conversation. Many of my characters are modeled after someone I have met and listened to their stories

Describe yourself in 3 words?
Creative, attentive and extrovert

At what age were you, or what event happened, when you knew you loved writing and you were good at it?
 A few years ago I found myself needing a way to pass the time, I picked up FSOG and loved it 9 times over but about two years into the reading I was writing short stories and a friend told me I should publish them. About another year passed and I was doing a series of stories on my blog and was encouraged to finish it and publish.  June 2015 I published my first story. 

Do you base your characters on real people or are they completely imagined?
 The main characters quite often have a basis in someone I know. 

What authors have inspired you along the way?
 Karen Marie Moning for one, but I finished the This Man series and decided it was time for me to share my voice 

What is your favorite quote or line from a book?
 Ian grinned and collected her from the floor. “Y’er magic is fierce, Tricia my love. Learn to walk a bit before ye try to fly.”  (from Ian's story by Rose Ardent)

Besides writing what do you enjoy doing?
I enjoy reading and making my swag.

Do you have any signings coming up?
I have not been able to any signings yet just Facebook takeovers.




No comments:

Post a Comment